Sup everybody?! I’m sitting in my little studio, which currently smells like bacon due to the fact that I ate an entire package of bacon for breakfast along with some pumpkin waffles. (WAIT, YOU CAN TELL I LIVE ALONE? WEIRD.) Did I mention that I accidentally set off my fire alarm as well? Whoops.
I’ve just finished my 5th week at school, which is cuh-razy, I can’t believe that I have been back in Santa Cruz over a month! Time is seriously flying by. Between work, school, and seeing friends, I’m crazy busy. It makes me wonder what I was doing with my free time before? Also, I was a VERY lucky girl and got to skype both Emilie and Julie (Julie finally has internet, hallelujah!!!). I miss them both incredible amounts, but I’m so proud of them and their European adventures. Julie is mastering Italian and Emilie is apparently mastering night clubs. I think both of you should start finding a potential husband for me because I want to travel in the future and want to have cute bi-cultural babies. Emilie, I won’t object to Guillame. Think of that as your V-Day gift to me!
Anyways this week I thought I would share my current obsessions with you:
1. This video. I have almost learned the entire dance and need to do my own video version of it now. Except I need a furry sweater top. Anyone got an extra hanging around their closet?
2. Nut butters. Dear god, I consume jarfuls of almond butter/cashew butter/macademia nut butter. So I decided to email my dad to convince him to buy and send me a 4lb jar of nut butter. Oh yes, 4 pounds. I bet I can finish that jar in a week, no problem. My mom asked me if I planned on using it as lotion. Nope, just to make my belly happy. I’m scared for the day when I am pregnant because I can only imagine how crazy my cravings will be.
3. This image that Emilie posted on my facebook. This is my life. Yes, I will be spending Valentine’s Day working, baking, going to class, wearing pink, and spending time with my two true loves: food and Channing Tatum. (I saw The Vow last night, Channing Tatum, marry me please.)
4. My new dark wash skinny toothpick J.Crew jeans. Thank god they are in my life now! They are so cute and make me look trendy and go with every single top and I want to wear them everyday. In fact I may have worn them 5 days this week. But I washed them, don’t worry. I want them in several colors so that I can wear the same pair of pants several times a week but trick people into thinking I’m wearing different pants. Feel free to buy me a pair, I won’t say no.
5. Watching the show Chopped. Have you ever watched it??? SO GOOD. It’s an hour show on the foodnetwork (duh) where four chef contestants come on the show and get a basket of 3/4 mystery ingredients and they have to make an appetizer, then an entree, and then a dessert. And each round one chef gets chopped. I’m addicted. I usually watch this while consuming a jarful of nut butter.
6. My friend Christian’s balcony. Ohmygah, he lives up past campus, which is seriously the forrest. It’s technically almost Bonny Doon (Seanya will know what I’m talking about). I usually go there once a week, do my laundry (woohoo free laundry!), and sit on his porch which overlooks all these trees and flowers. It’s fantastic. It’s so quiet up there and I get a whole bunch of scriptwriting done up there.
7. Planning my 21st birthday. Cheap drinks? Oh no, it’s all about the fine dining y’all. I’m clearly your average 21 (almost) year old.
In other news, the job is going GREAT! I’m french pressing coffee, taking money, handing out pastries and smiling like nobody’s business. It’s wonderful. You should try smiling all day, it makes you feel like 1329234390 times better about life in general. I recommend that you try this as an experiment. And then thank me. I also received TWO PACKAGES. One from my dear aunt Vicky (love the photo magnets, BRILLIANT IDEA.) and one from my friend Tessa, who sent me chocolate covered cherries from Michigan. I now need to send her something from California, but I can’t figure out what to send. It’s too difficult to send an in-n-out burger.
Also, I only have 40 dollars left to raise for the dance marathon, which is next weekend. Tell your friends to support me! Just 5 dollars will help! PLEASE I NEED YOUR MONEY.
Enjoy your Sunday!